PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Always pay attention to your fuel status
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 19:49
Flight Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centaurus, The figures do in fact come from TEM's training. A course which I believe is going to become compulsary for all pilots. My thinking has certainly changed since the course in so much as that I am always challenging checklists, procedures and the way I do things and looking for potential threats. If this means that a checklist or procedure should be changed then, outline the threat and potential consequences and have it sorted.

My backing of the pilots here is merely at rumour value. All the facts are not on the table on this forum non the less disaster has been avoided. The outcome could of been completely different, if it were we would have everyone on this site offering condolences and sympathy, probably rightfully so. But an accident did not occur, we know what happened, yet we scold the pilots. On the non reporting of the incident, major issue. In some companys still, you are damned if you do an damned if you don't. I personnally would of reported it. If the company wants to sack me then so be it, at least I will be able to sleep at night.