PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 19:37
W Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Straight In:

You are right “most of the Canuks are going [home.]” However most of them “no ALL of them” could have gone nearly a year ago! They choose to stay for various reasons. Some for tax purposes in Canada, but most of them to honor their commitment. They are great guys and honorable men and all except one choose to upgrade to Captain. They had a commitment to the company and chose to honor that commitment – I respect that. Some guys chose to go over a year ago when AC called them back and they knew it. They did not check out and by now have been a Captain in AC for nearly a year. Others are going back in pretty good seniority at AC. The bottom line is ABY knew they were going back years ago and they have no problem with that (unlike other companies in the Emirates.)

The flying is hard but 8 days off a month is not reality now. Yes Straight In the training group had work like no one could imagine. You guys worked your tails off and no one can argue with that. However, that was a choice! Training also got to take that great DAM day flight “for training” from the line guy that got it once a month. The hassles were definitely there but there were also rewards (if you consider anything in training a reward.)

You did hit it on the head with crew shortages when planes come on line. You also are exact with the scheduling – NOT! However, ABY’s average trip (2 sectors) is 7 hours – do the math. With the new schedule that will equate to 7.7 hours per or 13 a month. Now we all know that when you get near you will do the BAH, MCT etc shuffle, but there are not enough of them for all the pilots. Simply look at the new company magazine that is in the seat pockets “ NAWRAS.” Cover “Classical Kiev.”

Kiev is a 10 hour out and back. All the Banga-Manga-and everyone else alore, is also 8 hours. It can’t happen! SI I remember the 8 days off a month, but I also remember when a 727 was an advanced airplane – history.

PHAROH

I know what you are saying but I have asked MA & AA about certain things which I have not mentioned. I know the “feeling” and what “we are trying to do” so I have not mentioned them here. You know, holding, diversion etc; but that is “what we are trying to do.” Yes you and I know very well about Seniority – I think I got screwed on that one We also know about the schedule, but also, ancient history. I honestly believe things are changing too fast for even those concepts to continue yet you know me and I will not stop – I can’t for everyone.

Folks, the schedule has been written about on this forum ad-infinitum. It has changed from what it was 3+ years ago but it is still crappy. Now for my North American friends, we all know, nothing in this part of the world will ever be like what we were use to as far as schedule or seniority. Having said that, the other boys on the block don’t have much better when you consider our flexibility. Try some of the things we do daily at EK or EY – never will happen!

Will the package be paid as presented “yet 2 months to go?” This management is not stupid and they would not publish something they would not do. That to me is like saying, you flew 100 this month, but we are not going to pay you what the rate is. I honestly believe the reason this was published early was to entice you Canuks to stay. You guys are Captains now and have a lot to offer. While the work is different, they MAY feel the pay and taxes will keep you. Pure speculation on my part but maybe there is a bone head in Canada after all

Burners and Out