PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Executive Aircraft - Set for a return?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2001, 21:34
Ops Bangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Executive Aircraft - Set for a return?

It's some time since I worked with exec aircraft but after the events in the US on 11/09 I am wondering if executive aircraft are set to make a real comeback?

In the UK there has been an ambivalent attitude to executive aircraft: they are seen as a "toy" for the chairman to take his latest floozie on holiday and are chopped by the bean-counters as soon as he moves on. Yet when used properly they can not only provide a safe and secure means of transport but can also make business people more poductive. I remember a contract with a major paper supplier with a C421 that had a plant in scotland. They were able to take customers to the local airport and achieve in a single day what would take 2 or 3 days by scheduled airlines.

I have noted the growth in fractional ownership in the USA. How are executive operators finding things in Uk and Europe? How does the Campaign Against Aviation view fractional ownership type operations? Is the business trend up?

I post this with the hope that perhaps somebody has got some good news in these troubled times.