PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wisdom tooth - ouch
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 10:38
Speed bird 002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my 2 wisdom teeth out on 18th of this month so last week. I wasnt under anesthetic. I had them out with just a little injection. It went so bad that they had to tell patients to come back later because I was screaming...yes screaming!

How did they remove my teeth?......the lady used a screw driver and forced the teeth to its left and right. I am telling you it was my worst experience.

Unfortunately, my bottom right wisdom tooth was very badly damaged, and had to be taken out in pieces....my god did i feel shocked and scared. I was shiverring so badly that I was told to relax about 50 times during the process. It seemed a whole year but only lasted around 30-40mins.

I have learnt that I will next time be under anasthetic because I am seriously scared of extractions now and just dont want to remember anything. When people find out I had them out with just an injection that makes your gums numb, they call me a fool and I dont blame them.

My advice, make sure your knocked out!....I still havnt fully recovered, a bit of pain here and there but thats becase the lower bottom one is infected. Using amoxicillin 250mg 3xs a days.

Expect alot of blood on the 1st day, also expect to eat nothing but soft food for atleast 2 days....nothing more than soup on 1st day.....funny enough I had the practice manager telling me to eat ice cream to stop the bleading and numb the gums...and it does work.

Also, make sure u dont spit the blood out because little pressures around the mouth can open the wound up and cause further blood leaks.

Most of all, enjoy the experience (under anasthectic remember!)