PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - arrow advice
Thread: arrow advice
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 07:16
poor southerner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be a while since I last flew any PA28 family. But going form a Warrior to an Arrow 2 the main difference for me was the weight and landing. I always found the warrior to be a bit of a barge. You point it at the numbers, chop the power and it seemed to settle down without the need for much finess. With the Arrow you really had to fly it on to the numbers and think a bit more. Nothing difficult just need to think ahead a bit more, but same will always be said when moving up the food chain.
I know what you mean about quality of stock for sale though. Apart from the later 't' tails, most I saw always needed something doing to them. Sadly the one I flew was lost when a wing came away with all pax lost.
Unless you really want to go big and heavy with a bonanza or a moony (££££) then the only other option is the Cessna 182. I have only flown the retract version and always found them pleasant to fly, with good loading and 2 doors. Plus they seemed easier to find goods ones, plus the option of the fixed gear.
You may well be happy with the PA28 family, but unless you try something else, you will never know.

Last edited by poor southerner; 22nd Oct 2007 at 08:02.