PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CP unofficial comment on pilot shortage.
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 03:47
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Hate to say it..yet again...but this entire mess all stems from that year we cannot mention..when open season was declared on pilots and pilots conditions. The managers have assumed, from that time on, that is was "open season" on flight crew in Australia, and have adopted a "lets see how low can we go" approach.
Well, I think they might have their answer now in 2007...they have gone so low that the GPWS is sounding off. Yet they still dont want to admit it, that they have to PAY pilots what they are worth and show them some RESPECT.
They cannot keep expecting people to pay for interviews, endorsments, manuals, toilet paper on board, and pay them less than the local pizza boy and expect people to flock to the industry.
Its over, they have had their run..they ran the race and it looks like they are losing it at last...it just remains to be seen if the can pull their heads out of their respective ases and admit it. (Some how I doubt that will happen)
To repeat what has been said many times...They are reaping what they have sowed...and I hope they stew in it.
As for Harvey....a complete tosser and I will be remembering to to shop there in the future.... rant over