PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 00:31
groundrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm very loathe to put my two penneth worth in to a flyglobespan thread because it might look like i have an axe to grind but, in all seriousness,the opinion of a lot of people i have spoken to is that GSM will only win the day if they forge ahead with their core business-short haul to europe!the model for that was unrivalled-nobody else was doing it that well from scotland and succeeding!forget the long-haul stuff just now guys-the image has already been tainted,the damage is done.Forge ahead with what works-survive.Bring back passenger confidence then,in a few years,hopefully GSM will be ready to take on the world and they will have the dreamliners in place for the fulfilling of their ambitions-a scottish airline kicking butt with the competition!Things look bad just now but i for one firmly believe that this plucky young company can ride out the storm but i also believe that it has to be by concentrating on what made them great in the first place.This is a bump in the road-nothing more...hopefully.As for the whole ETOPS thing-i don't have a comment to make apart from this-its looking more and more like a witchunt evry day.Every LOCO has issues and they aren't spotlighted like this.Someone has got a personal axe to grind with GSM and hopefully,the CAA will see right through it.I for one do not believe that all the rumours and stories going about are true-they just cant be.Surely not.