PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX SO Gouge (Initial Interview)
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 20:41
Pitot Probe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting. Out of curiosity, what was your experience (total time, etc)?
Good luck!
TT: 2500
Twin/Tri Jet: 300
Twin Turbo Prop: 300
Single Turbo Prop: The rest

Also, I was wondering how you answered the following of those questions:
-Where are the 747-400BCFs being converted?
-How does more flap affect Vmca?
-Why are they removing the stabilizer tank in the 747-400BCF?
Thanks again.
1. BCF's: Found this thread : http://www.boeing.com/news/feature/p...Freighters.pdf
I could not remeber it was in Xiamen, so I just said that its somewhere in China. They seemed content and moved on.

2. The gentleman was grilling me with questions on how CofG affects certain things and I was nailing them fairly easily and quickly. He then said that he'll ask me something that he's sure I wont know and threw the Flap vs Vmca at me. And he was right. I said I dont know and he smiled and just said "finally, something you can go work out yourself." and then moved on.

3. I gave some made-up answer about it being easier to control the position of the CofG in a cargo plane vs a pax aircraft by carefull loading and hence no need for a stabilser tank to control CofG with. Although he seemed happy with it, I beleive my answer to be incorrect.
Firstly, and Im out on a limb here... I understand that the stab tank in the 747 is not so much about CofG movement as it is about extra fuel. In a cargo plane extra fuel is not as important as extra cargo as the extra cargo does not mind stopping over in Vancouver to take on more fuel...
I might be wrong off course.