PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very strange occurence during cruise. Anyone know cause?
Old 21st Oct 2007, 18:14
Mooneyboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for all your replies. SNS3Guppy I did as you said and disconnected the autopilot by pulling the CB immediately after the second wing drop. Did not have a problem once I did this. Another thing which still makes me think it could be the autopilot is from what DB6 said. The control yoke did roll right both times. I remember it was quite a force to overcome it. This coupled with the problem we had with the rocking wings on the previous leg with the autopilot on makes me believe this could be the problem (bit of a coincidence).

Also very interesting what kme, lowbypass and compressor stall have said and its been interesting to read your own experiences. I did'nt realise that wake turbulence can still be experienced at the same level a fair distance behind so thankyou for sharing your knowledge on this. I will definately bear this in mind next time I am behind another aircraft at the same level.

The a/c will be going into maintence very soon so I will let you know their findings and once again thanks for your replies.

All the best,

Mooneyboy