PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 21st Oct 2007, 14:46
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You cannot put any flying costs associated with a degree on HECS, i emailed Swinbourne, QF and Edit Cowan in Perth and all 3 said the same.....however you can put flying on FEE-HELP as long as it is to do with the course.

HECS only covers your tuts, uni fees, text books etc, which is crap as well.

FEE-HELP lets you get 80k though which is pretty good but you have to pay it through your tax for x amount of years.

So you are still paying 100k+ for the uni course, fees (which are horrendous) and flying.

All im saying is atleast REX gives you something. Thing that would scare me doing the QF program is that at the end of phase 1 you may be told your not required anymore! not to say REX would do the same but if they put money towards you they arent going to let you go!

Anyway, thinking about it, would be easier and better to do your CPL then go joing the Qantas Cadet program? think that would be better experience. Didnt really know much about that part of it untill i read up on it. Sounds alot easier than going through all the uni crap etc.