PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CP unofficial comment on pilot shortage.
Old 21st Oct 2007, 11:59
countdownconundrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been wanting to return to Australia for years and there has never been a better time. The low salaries and everything mentioned above is a huge turnoff. I fly A320 LHS, and frankly very shy about giving it up.

Then again, if I don't take the chance I'll never know, if I wanted to live in the uk forever, well I would, but hardly think so. Sick of the poms, the crappy weather, and the warm beer. Bring me back to oz, I'm in. Its a lifestyle move!!

Trust me, I'll prob never ern the bucks I'm on now, but then again, I'm not enjoying sydney harbour on my off days am I? Its all about lifestyle.

Sit on the jumpseat for a few years of a big thing with a rat on the tail? Laugh at the guys taking themselves very seriously in the RHS, whilst chatting up the Aussie chicks bringing me in tea!! bring it on!!

To be honest, I think things will come good, it can't go on like this! My plan is just to get home! After that, who knows.

Only problem is Jetstar? VB? QF? Long term, I'm probably young enough for QF, ie 30 ish. Does anyone have salary details for QF yr 1?? all in?? same for Jetstar?

Cheers.. TT6000, A320 cp, soon to be QF SO!!