PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Shortage, but continuous Employment
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 04:23
schoolboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh so quiet!

Well here we are many months later, and I reckon I must have been right.

THERE ARE NO GRADE 1/2 INSTRUCTORS OUT THERE!

It's really interesting how threads start and finish on PPRUNE. As soon as a topic hits home and the truth sets in in posters minds, they curl up in front of the TV instaed of the computer. We all know that this thread didn't run it's course because it was a given.

THERE ARE NO GRADE 1/2 INSTRUCTORS OUT THERE!

Sure the odd Grade 3 is about, and sure most of them are chasing a dream and need hours, but if some of these instructors don't step up to the plate soon, there will not be any follow through of pilots in the not to distant future.

Don't come back with the "not enough $$$$$" and "work to many hours for no pay". You have to start somewhere, and every proffessional starts somewhere. Be it a pilot, plumber, nurse etc. the first few years of your training are not and never will be well paid. But stick with it and the rewards will come! Well to those who havn't got a chip on their shoulder and want to have a crack any way.

So you Grade 3's, hang in there. Some of you may just want to fly and not persue what many on this forum perceive to be the ultimate flying job,i.e. 747 etc etc. Some of you might really find that teaching others your skills is the 'bees knees" and will give you the fulfillment you want out of your career.
Gee, I and many others certainly hope this is the case, or we are in DEEP S**T real soon!