PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Always pay attention to your fuel status
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 01:55
Flight Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial threats to this flight are unknown, however from this thread the threat is that of fuel starvation in the wing tanks due to the centre pump being in the off position. Was the threat recognised - yes. Was an error made, initially yes, was the error recognised - yes, the outcome was inconsequentional.

Seems to me that they have some sort of threat and error management in place and it worked. Maybe some retraining in the new checks or as the case may be. To me post flight should consist of a 1 page summary of the threats, errors and consequences for all crew to read and learn from. We are human and we need to stick together and learn from one another, at the end of the day we all share the same sky.

From LOSA (4500 Flights) 80% of all flights have some form of error, of these 25% are mismanaged, 6% lead to additional errors and 19% lead to undesired aircraft states. We all have a part to play.

My verdict, well done to the crew for identifying the error, I hope you have learnt from it. I do not fly jets, none the less we all have fuel on board. I have learnt from it.