PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No EMS Helicopters in Ireland
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 19:56
funfinn2000

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well the 139's are busy in the curragh doing paradrops @10,000 ft and flying Bertie. E 271 is an EC 135 fully ems equiped and mostly used for training and Medivac for the troops during training, I often hear them on the R/t asking Bal tower if the Ambulance is standing by at the ramp, if this was a Civlian on board it would be direct to Tallaght Hospital, They have done some civilian missions and I read recently that they claim to have done 83 this year.
As I said in the beginning of this Thread, the Bo 105 at Caernafon in Wales is operated by bond and is supported by the Welsh Air Ambulance fund and they fundraise and sell merchandise in order to raise 1.5 million pounds a year to keep it in the air.
One other thing, In USA in some states the police helicopters are equiped to take stretcher so what is the point in a 4million Euro machine hovering over an accident watching people bleed when they can land and do something about it and save a life.
If anyone I care about needs emergency help I will be in nearest machine to get them, 44 or 109 whatever.