PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CP unofficial comment on pilot shortage.
Old 20th Oct 2007, 17:45
ScottyDoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Sunfish
When will some of you D***heads understand??????????
Very eloquent, Sunfish. What do you care, anyway??

There is no shortage, THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF PILOTS WILLING TO WORK AT QANTAS PAY SCALES.

MANNING IS SIMPLY WHINING BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO PAY YOU THE MONEY THAT WOULD ATTRACT MORE PILOTS AND END HIS PROBLEM.... CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS????????????

If he doubled pilots salaries would there be a shortage of pilots at Qantas? Of course not!
Would there be a shortage of pilots at Qantas? Obviously not. But there would be at the other airlines, you nincompoop.

But of course your example is flawed: rest assured, there is no "shortage" of pilots willing to work at Quantas at existing pay scales. Despite your own frequently-trotted out hang-ups and personal neuroses about the national flag-carrier, Quantas is still typically seen as the pinnacle in this country for motivated and suitably-educated pilots.

Manning has not been quoted as saying Qwantas will suffer due to this "shortage". He refers to the industry and regionals in particular.

There is no shortage, THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF PILOTS WILLING TO WORK AT QANTAS PAY SCALES.
I thought you were smart. Obviously the pilot workforce (typically) migrate "upwards" in terms of job-standrads and finish up in the "majors". When GA companies have to advertise for a B58 pilot, turbine operators are offering FIFO arrangements and regionals are cancelling flights due to lack of crew, I would suggest to you that there is a real shortage of pilots.

Are you seriously suggesting pilots have decided to go elsewhere rather than work for Qwannus? If so, then where?

Signal-to-noise ratio, Sunfish.........

On the topic of quotes:

a crisis “bigger than the airline strike of 1989..."
I hope those weren't really his words. Did the "airlines" actually go on strike in '89??? What a f***wit.

the industry needed to put pressure on airlines and governments to find a solution.
The solution will be the import of foreign labour.