PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financing Solution for CPL upwards
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 16:30
AHMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Skygold,

This would actually be quite a simple thing. As long as you can show that you can afford the loan then it doesn't have to be secured.

As far as i understand it from my contact - they look at what you did for work before you started flying as they assume that if everything went wrong then you would most likely return to that sort of work -(seems a reasonable assumption).

If your previous employment salary is sufficient to live on and pay the loan repayments then an unsecured loan isn't an issue.

They also look at what you hope to do as well - so as long as you can explain about the airline industry and that you wish to become a commercial pilot and show earnings potential - then there is no reason unsecured can't be considered.

What they won't consider is someone who has been unemployed all their life and walks in asking for 60 grand unsecured with no previous history or future job prospects - those days are gone.

If you would like me to arrange for my private banking manager to call you then i can do that - just PM me and you can take it from there. Usually he will chat to you about what you need and why and then arrange a meeting at a branch or he can come to you.

Cheers,

AHMC