PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots in Oz?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 16:13
nomorecatering

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh grow up mate, geez. Its really boring to listen to people who bring out the racism card everytime something doesnt go their way.

Anyone who knows me well would tell you I am about the least racist person around. My best mate is a Samoan, my circle of friends(male and female) includes Tongans, Kiwis, both Maori and White, Greeks, Yugoslavs, Italians, Americans, Candians, even Poms(dispite them not being able to field a decent cricket team ha ha).

My circle of school friends is predominantly of Chineese decent. of course not to forget the usual bag of Aussies. I dont think of any of them by their nationality or background, just who they are as people.

I look after my young students, who might I add are Chineese nationals like my own sons, and many have become good mates, so the race card realy doesnt wash with me. Sir!!

I am sick of people appling the race arguement to situations it simply doesnt belong. Moreover, the race card is now used simply as a barganing tool to leverage an unfair advantage in negotiations when ordinary Aussies "9of all backgrouds) fear being branded "racist".

An example of this is illustrated in Paul Sheeans book, among the Barbarians. In Sydney's Chinatown, there is a building code that restricts the hight of buildings to a limit of 3 stories. That height limit was in force long before Chinatown was a twinkle in the eye of its creator.

A prominent property developer, who was Chinese put a development application in to the Sydney City Council for a 27 story residental building which was refused by the council on the grounds that it exceeded the height restriction. He then tried to get it approved through the courts claiming "racist policies by the council were unfairly hindering his business", and the only reason it was not being approved was because of his nationality.

Happily, the case was thrown out of court with the judge specifically citing that the zoning regulations of that sector applied EQUALLY to every one, regardles of race, colour or creed.

By the way, Mein Kamp is a book that chamions the idea that one race is inherrently superior to another on the BASIS of race. That IS racism, an ideal that I find repugnant.

Last edited by nomorecatering; 20th Oct 2007 at 16:32.