PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attempt to Save Money Threatens Pilot Numbers!
Old 20th Oct 2001, 20:28
bad livin'

Excellent points from a huge pool of experience. I am joined by several friends in wishing that we HAD done UAS - because any flying at all before IOT/JEFTS would have stood us in much better stead and perhaps then I would A)(most likely) have been chopped pilot at uni and been able to decide what else I wanted to do or B)been better at JEFTS, not having been able to afford to fly privately and not knowing about schols. etc at the time. I am jealous (and proud) of my IOT UAS mates, a large percentage of whom are now at Valley. I just wish I had done it too. Tonkenna - I studied in your UAS area, are there any plans to advertise a little more once the gay/lesbian/bisexual juntas that have taken over the uni governments in Scotland relax their campus recruitment bans? I would encourage anyone thinking of joining to seriously look at the UAS, or indeed to skip uni altogether and go for it, being accredited through training as suggested above.