PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CJ3 Fuel on arrival
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 13:07
nomorecatering

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Much thanks to Spider and CE-Jockey for your very informative replies, and the infu is duly noted.
What is the go with temporary fuel systems, is the installation complex, expensive, can it be done in a way that it can be easily installed and removed on an as required basis.

I had a look at the Sierra website, they do have many interesting mods including a 120 USG tank thats installed behind the lav. seems though they have only persued the 500 series so far. Would be interesting to see what they could do with the CJ range of jets.

The other option is to go for the Stallion Super S-11, Williams engines, long range tanks, winglets and a 2300nm range.

Some questions re the CJ3 for curiosity sake,
Would an extra 120 USG make all the difference and allow a comfortable margin....particularly in the 1Eng inop or depressurisatin situation.

What is the taxi fuel allowance, and what fuel flow do ou have on taxi.

Can you give me the max range climb profile, just currios why a climb directly to FL450 at max weight is the most efficient, I would have though 450 initially would be somewhat above optimum level. Obviously a 1 enigine inop or depresurisation scanerio would be.........well interesting.

Fuel flow at FL 450 when heavy and when very light.
In the 500 series I understand that on decent the thrust levers are not at flight idle, must be somewhat above that above 13,000 to maintain door seal inflation. Is the CJ3 the same. Also the decent schedule would be helpfull.
I;d be able to wok it out for myself if I had a copy of the Pilots Operating Handbook but I have no idea where to get one.

For a short hop of say 50 nm, CAVOK or CAVU in the US, conditions what would be the lowest fuel load you would take, would you still go for the 1100 lbs in tanks.

As far as cruise, how is power set, i know the Cj3 has T/O climb and cruise detents and the FADEC system sets the power, but in cruise, how do you tell it how fast you want to go. can you input a TAS mach no into the FMS and it will automaically maintain that speed for you, or is the power set and what ever sped you get is what you get.

The Sino SJ30 Jet looked to be the bees knees for the personal aviator but it appears to be dying a slow death.
Crampt cockpit is no problem, my contact has circled the globe many times in a Mooney so 15 hr legs in a cramped cockpit sharing a ferry tank is pretty much ops normal for him.

Why you may ask would anyone want to do this, who know. Beats sitting at home and wasting away and sitting in the back of a GV would be rather boring.

Lastly could anyone provide me with the websites for the temporary fuel tank people, would be interested to have a look.

Much appreciate all your valuable info, the advice here will be taken.

Last edited by nomorecatering; 20th Oct 2007 at 13:36.