PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway Incursions - The Manchester Experiment
Old 20th Oct 2007, 09:56
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p1fel
BA fit station box in G-CPE* series, no marker audio!
It does - but I’m not surprised you thought it didn’t. I think this is your Audio Control Panel, below.

I’m told that you can turn off the ILS/MLS received audio so that only the MB will be present. Apparently you do this by repeatedly pushing the ILS/MLS Volume Control switch until the ILS/MLS LEDs (L-C-R) are off. You then have Marker Volume. Wrong, See below.

I don't think I’ve ever seen a single switch on any aircraft that doesn’t tell you what it’s for. I can almost picture what happened here. The guys who designed it thought ‘MLS’. We won’t need Marker; we have to wire it in - but won’t show it.

PS. Months Later - The correct story from the manufacturer - who also provided the incorrect story above!

The Marker Audio is on whenever any of the three ILS/MLS channels are selected. Within the ACP. The Marker headphone output level is factory set. The ILS/MLS selection and audio level is controlled via a dedicated front panel switch/volume control.

Last edited by forget; 26th Feb 2008 at 08:37.