PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Navy
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2001, 10:40
Mavrik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Fellas,

We seem to be missing the point. I'm a fixed wing pilot in the navy. The first thing is why not go for fixed wing in the navy? I can assure you it's easier than it used to be. The second thing is go for pilot an accept nothing else. I have friends who are Obs in the navy and from the moment i met them at Dartmouth they have been trying to transfer across to become pilots ... and they've all been refused. You'll always wish you'd gone for pilot if you don't. As for the AIB when they ask you that question would you accept observer .. the answer is no ... i'd rather be a warfare officer! That covers the officer over aviation horse**** that they like to hear. Anyway thats what i did and i got pilot.

All those dudes who said they weren't sure are being flown around by the dudes who said they rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick rather than being an Obs ... ps make sure you look at the dudes arm before you start spouting this at AIB ... if he's an observer your ****ed!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps?

As for fixed wing flying if your a rotary mate .. never heard of peeps doing that apart from out of their own pocket. But you'll be doing so much flying during the week the last thing you'll want to do in your spare time is fly some more.

Advice for Dartmouth ... smile all the time ... don't let the bastards get you down and never never bad mouth anybody to anyone no matter how tired and pissed off you are ... and you will be ... it's only about a year of your life ... and after the first couple of months Dartmouth's alright if your aircrew

Cheers