PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate to CX
Thread: Corporate to CX
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2007, 19:46
CE-Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corporate to CX

Hey all I've been reading past threads and I have been trying to learn as much as I can about Cathay without posting any questions. I feel now is the time to see what some of you think about my chances to become a Cathay pilot.

I am looking at making the next year my interview prep. Getting out the Aero books the XYZ and all the other books and working hard to make a good impression. I will begin the application process in 6 months to either SO or FO depending on what you guys think.

I am 29 years old.

I won't be arriving from a 121 environment. I have been working as a co pilot on different citation jets in northern California. Some 135 and mostly part 91. I also fly as a contract captain for a PC12 operator. My 135 experience is very limited. I am a FAA co pilot on the CE-550 but I cannot log the 135 legs on the CE-525 because I did not get an FAA 135 check to log the time as SIC. The company operates the Cj as a single pilot aircraft but insurance requires that I am there.

I have 1750TT an ATP and a CE-525(s) type. I have a CE-500 sic type. I don't have any multi turbine PIC time yet but this should change over the next year as I just got the type rating. I will be logging the 91 legs as sole manipulator PIC. Not sure what Cathay will think of this.

When I checked the Cathay web page they only require 1000 total and an ATP but most of the guys trying to get on with Cathay are in the 5000+ range and 45 years old. Do you guys think I should apply as an SO or an FO or not apply at all?

I wouldn't mind living in HK for a couple of years but no longer. I lived in New Zealand and other south pacific islands for 2 years so I'm fairly comfortable living out of the country.

I'm not doing this for the "glory" of flying a big jet. That does not matter to me at all. What matters to me in this order is: QOL, getting a set schedule with time off, an increase in pay, eventually getting to be based West Coast North America and some travel bennies for my surf trips