PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - brasilians r leavng Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2007, 17:17
skippnstones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perspective of a Jade pilot

I've read many of the postings regarding past and present conditions here at Jade. I have been with this company for nearly a year now, and will offer a perspective as I have experienced it. I cannot speak to the circumstances that some individuals now find themselves, nor their reasons for wanting to leave. Yet, for me, my experiences with this company on whole have been positive on many levels. As previously mentioned in prior postings, Jade, has without exception had a difficult time, and in many ways the operating line pilots were called upon to carry a heavy burden, resulting in hardship for their families. For some of these pilots, as we well know, their employment had become untenable and alternative employment became an imperative. For sure, Jade is not for everyone. Each individual must judge for themselves the obvious and hidden implications of becoming an Expat in China for a start-up airline. Since the start of my employment with Jade, it was obvious to me that Jade was in a continual state of flux and disconnect. Everyone, on every level seemed to be bumping into each other, difficulties and miscommunication were the norm. Trying to comprehend even the simplest of things in their process boggled the mind, and trying to be productive in advancing your own Chinese pilot certification was the equivalent of sitting around watching the grass grow. Yet, with all of the difficulties and hardships experienced, I never once saw any individual responsible for assisting me, ever give less than one-hundred percent effort. Far too often, if ever, has any consideration been given to the office staff working for Jade, and working for us pilots, given credit for their incredible sacrifices. Behind the scene are a lot of people depending on Jade becoming successful and are giving all they have to see this company succeed. In no way, can anyone diminish this company for lack of effort. From the begining, through to flying the line, it has been one very interesting and challenging experience for me and I don't have a single regret. If you are of the type that likes building things, not afraid of hard work and can handle a kalidescope of twists and turns, this is a great place to be. When I was offered employment with Jade, I was presented a contract, I accepted the terms and signed it. I knew full well that Jade was a start-up and there were going to be a lot of difficulties. Anyone with half a brain has to know that Jade would face enourmous hurdles getting off the ground even in a developed western country, complete with a fully functioning reglatory aviation infrastructure. China is being dragged kicking and screeming out of its antiquated and underdeveloped aviation infrastructure into the modern world. Jade management, office staff and pilots are right dead smack in the middle of this mind blowing transformation. I'm fully committed to Jade, determined to be a positive partiscipant and willing to give our new management every consideration as they try to make this a great place to work. I want to be part of that. If you are considering or have been offered employment with Jade and want more information I'll be happy to share with you all that I have learned. Just know that a lot has changed since I started here and I do not know all of the aspects and developments that have recently occured. I've adjusted well to living in China and Shenzhen, and have a wealth of information about what its like living here. Just know too that there are a lot of really great pilots here that are willing to help you when you arrive and make your transition a little easier.