PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First the Vulcan, but what next?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2007, 11:58
Tim Inder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately it crashed a few years ago.
I remember when I was at Hertfordshire Uni (Hatfield Poly for BEagle ) in about 1994. I was living in the student accommodation at Shenley Hospital, just down the road from Salisbury Hall. There must have been an airshow on there as all of a sudden there was the spine tingling sound of two Merlins at VERY low altitude echoing around the buildings and the sight of the Mossie pulling up into a very steep wingover and swooping back in the opposite direction. (I think the 500' rule was well and truly busted!) I imagine the water tower in the hospital block made an excellent landmark for a turning point. Another aviation minded stude appeared as the last echoes were dissipating and asked "What the heck was that? Did you see anything?" I explained what I had just seen and his reply was something along the lines of "Yer, bo**ocks, sounded more like a Cessna to me" when said Mossie appeared again, if anything even LOWER and faster and did the same punchy wingover before zooming off again. We were both and although my mate was also and I was !