PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 or Airbus 330/340
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2007, 08:59
Hunter58

Freight God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be 4 sidewalls and 4 aisles on the A380...

To the aircraft. Having flown 330/340 and 777 in C-Class, fortunately sponsored by employer, I have a preference for the Airbusses. When possible (unfortunaley that is very seldom) I try to get on one.

I see two major problems on the T7 (at least as configured by the airline I typically have to fly them with) are the famous middle seat in C-Class. It is appropriately labeld as the F-Seat since everyone coming on board and discovering it is the middle seat will say ' Fu**!'). The 330/340 usually don't have a middle seat in C-Class.

The other inconveniance is that every time I had to fly on a 777 I end up having a cold since the airconditioning system seems to like to blow ice cold air down on you at night. That is a feature I still have to experience on an Airbus.

The advantage of a 777 going to/from Asia is that they are a tad faster (30 minutish), while on the North Atlantic that is the 15 to 20 minutes more sleep you would have needed that just are missing (usually given back in the hold, but not in a nice reclined sleeping position).