PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi
Thread: BA/bmi
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 16:32
ted baker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladyflyby

I presume from your comments that you are bmi mainline and would thus benefit greatly come any future sale of the company. Good luck to you, and I must confess I'd feel the same in your shoes.

The rest of us in the bmi 'group' are perhaps a little less enthused about any prospect of the company being sold off for the LHR slots, which is after all the only realy thing of value in the group.

Can't see BA (or Virgin or enyone else with a need for the slots) wanting Baby or Regional.

SMB is a shrewd businessman (we all know he's the organ grinder regardless of who he employs to face up the public) and has kept the company running and growing (albeit very slowly) for a good few years.
Having, along with a few others, successfully campaigned for 'open skies' he has seen the value of the LHR slots increase dramatically and has played the press well with 'talk' of new Longhaul routes. However, when it has come to the crunch of actually 'investing' in new longhaul A/C the company is stalling and coming up with all sorts of excuses.

WHY? I know what my money is on, and its nowhere near the 'sound bites' coming from management.

And they wonder why we're all looking for opportunities to jump ship.....