PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 11:16
END BAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Midlands 6

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Readability 5 and his comments regarding MAN involvement in running E.M.A. There are a couple of issues i have regarding expansion etc one.,one being the closure of the Aeropark 10 YEARS and what has happened since -absoulutely nothing.It has been used as a car park ,dumping ground for rubbish but no sign of any attempt to expand any apron on it!!!The other thing that makes me think MAN are not bothered about E.M.A. IS THE FREIGHT BUISNESS .Here we sit with a HUGE freight apron with hardly anything on it and with the airport ideally positioned for road transport(M1/M42/A50) what happens to the new frieght carriers into the U.K. yes you guessed they all went to MANCHESTER!!! AEROFLOT, FEDEX, GREAT WALL OF CHINA &CHINA AIRLINES all into MAN.Now you will all know if you have driven to MAN what a lottery it can be up the M6 and then round to MAN airport so what a great idea to stick a few more hundred juggernauts in the area to pick up and distribute this airbone freight.Ihope this makes sense and if so could somebody please try and explain why you would prefer a already overloaded road system to distribute freight instead of using our nice little
airport in the middle of the countryside.