PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan - are we repeating the mistakes of Kosovo?
Old 19th Oct 2001, 17:17
fobotcso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Okay, Okay, Okay! Who is it needs to chill out? That was quite a rant.

As it offended you, I'm sorry I accused you of irony. Irony is commonplace and useful in debate and it is no great shame to be accused of it. All I said was poor use of...

But enough already. I join you in not understanding the Balkans but I would argue strongly that the moving forces behind major historical events are those who become "men of their time". But we can't do that here.

Just a couple of points; you said:

Your summary of NATO's war aims... Not mine, Guv, SoS for Defence of the day's.

...Robertson is a consummate political operator, and has his own agenda... Now, I vote for the other Party but I respect Blair and Robertson and Blunkett and Straw (yes, I agree FV) enough to believe that their own political agendas are not paramount when the world is rushing towards the abyss. They are "men of their time" and I believe that they know it.

Reflect on our good fortune that Blair finds himself in this hot seat in his second
term and not in the first few months of his first term. I think we would not see the competent, confident world statesman we have now.