PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan - are we repeating the mistakes of Kosovo?
Old 18th Oct 2001, 22:41
Mmmmnice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko - sorry for the late arrival but this seems as good a place as any to have my rant!
What's all this "are we making the same mistakes" - like me you are tapping away well clear of the action. What drives me up the wall is the stated intention of the "gentlemen/women of the press" to try and not give the game away by raking over what the next move will be and then put pen to paper to lay out how the SF ops will pan out. I know that it doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to work out the likely options but it isn't exactly constructive to speculate either. I know that these instant military experts will be the first to bemoan the whole thing if the body bags start to turn up - irrespective of the possibility that the press may well help out with the OBL int gathering effort. I know it sells papers but couldn't you all find something more jolly and less destructive to write about - rant over - Good Night