PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Ban Rude Pax From Boarding
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2001, 16:19
flypastpastfast

So, can someone explain exactly what offensive and rude is. Are passengers no longer allowed to complain (legitimately), for fear of not getting on the plane.

I am really sorry, but I fly a great deal, and the most sarcastic remarks I have heard have come from staff. You know, the witty(allegedly) quip used on the passenger in 36A and chuckled about amongst the cabin crew in the galley. I hope some yanks take airlines like this to the cleaners over this if they get denied boarding and NO REFUND!

I agree that no staff should have to tolerate real aggressive behaviour.

The problem here is this, airlines like this have taken a legitimate problem with genuinely aggressive passengers, and quite cleverly used it to prevent passengers from complaining legitimately.

In marketing, this allows you to select out the type of passengers who tend not to complain ever (any airline will admit a large percentage will put up with sh*t wihout complaining)

Has it never occurred to airlines like this that the reason that abusive comments to staff are on the increase is because of the following

1 Not enough check in staff - big queues

2 Poor air quality on board

3 arrogant staff who see passengers as 'self loading freight', with the emphasis on freight.

4 cramped intolerable seats

5 sloppy handling of luggage

6 Changes of flight details without warning for purely commercial reasons.

So, instead of this being a step forward, it is a step back, the airlines could now say, we dont have to provide good service, if you dont like it you will not be allowed on, with no refund.

As a passenger, all I can say is

WHO THE HELL DO THESE AIRLINES THINK THEY ARE????????- (note aggressive stance - am I banned for life now?)