PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunities with an FAA License
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 09:42
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TelBoy,
Thanks for the informative post. I am willing of course to consider various opportunities to keep my options only. Admittedly, I do not know much about the Business/Corporate market, probably because I have not given that type of market/flying much thought.

Are you able to elaborate on some of the opportunities prevalent within the business market? Where could I obtain further information?

If it means that this type of flying would give me enough hours/experience required to make it into airlines or heavier aircraft then of course I would strongly consider this. I will consider it anyway as it is an alternative flying route, although I am not sure how much about the remuneration aspect etc and if it would be enough to support a young family.

I know many wannabes aspire to make it into the airlines and I am probably no different in the sense that I would like to fly heavier jet aircraft. I would be willing to travel to the Middle East, Far East Asia, India, Pakistant, South America etc if it means that I can work on a work permit for an airline. This is a grey area which I have not received clarification on regarding whether aircrew are eligible to work on a work permit?

If there are any Professional Pilots that know whether this is possible I would appreciate the input?

I am hopeful that a review of my case with the CAA will amount to something, although I am not holding my breath. It seems wholy unfair that the CAA are being discriminatory against me for not being an experienced pilot and the IAA Opthalmic guy also stated that there is no defined procedure in place for dealing with 'borderline candidates', even though I meet the Opthalmic regulations defined in Ammendment 5 of JAA.

The FAA have granted me a Class 1 Medical which I have constantly been renewing, but I have not started training as I have been locked in a battle with the CAA. This has been in the hope that I could just invest my time and money on a JAA license, if my case is resolved.

I am also in the process of applying for Canadian Permanent Residency based on my professional skills and if this is granted then this would also open up the Canadian Route, which is why I have not set a solid pathway yet.

Having said this, I think the time has come and take the plunge and first steps towards the Canadian or FAA Route, before I get old and grey and look back upon this with which makes it a tad bit difficult as I have to travel to the U.S/Canda whilst taking time out of my Consulting job.

It may make sense to get started on the FAA route with the PPL and then convert to Canadian/UK or start with Canadian and then convert to UK (if I am successful in my appeal).

Scoobster