PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - glasses in RAAF
Thread: glasses in RAAF
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2001, 06:50
franksnbeans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see so many replies, thankyou.

Mactuc, goodluck, I reckon ur in with a chance.

Felixmini - well done. As Mactuc said, it just demonsrates that if you want it enough, you can get it.

Unfortunately, my eyesight does not meet these new min. crit. I'm -2.5 in both eyes, with -0.5 myopic astigmatism in both eyes.

Octane - thankyou for your input. I did look at LASIK a few months ago, but i found that it is not a dream cure. There is a good chance that I will get hallows/hazy vision, 20/20 vision is not garanteed, and if I was to try and keep quiet about it, which I wouldn't (impossible anyway, as only got knocked back about 3 months ago!), that mapping thing would catch me out. I think I would also immediately lose my medical certificate, which would render me grounded. and my balls would ache like crazy if I couldn't fly even light aircraft. But thankyou for you're input, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

CB towers - thankyou for this new info regarding LASIK stuff. As stated above, it probably isn't a good idea for me at the moment, but in the future, it may be an option. I just have a question in regards to my appeal. If it gets rejected, who should I try and contact?? Is it a good idea to write directly to the Director General of AF health, or Peter Reith (if he's not to tied up with the current situation)?

Once again thankyou to everyone for their input.
fnb