PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2007, 16:47
pilot-br

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lomapaseo,

I doubt that.
We are entering in a wider debate about justice, and I totally agree with you that truth depends on the eyes of the judge, in EVERY judgment, and not only aircraft accident judgment. The accident was here; it was Brazilians who died, so Brazil has the right to judge it, the same as if the accident were in USA, the judge would be American. I’m always trying to concentrate in the facts, but this accident is different from others we are used to see. No equipment failure was proved until now, although a lot of people insisted on this theory. And that is why I insist in the facts, and the documents I’m dealing with are the same as Joe Sharkey in their blog, but we (Brazilians) have different interpretations. It's well known that we have radar and radio covertures holes, old equipments, our airspace is in a mess, but all of these facts, that is totally true, was not possible to be related to this accident. All the radar records show all the movements of all aircrafts flying in the region. All radio conversation was recorded by other aircrafts in same region, even the Boeing recorded the messages sent to Legacy. All that was proved, until now, and it is not necessary that CENIPA tell us, points to controllers and pilots procedures faults. It is enough their testimonials and independent technical expertise point of view to we make our mind. There was conflicting testimonials of pilots and controllers. It’s not necessary that CENIPA reveals CVR to we know it. Unfortunately, there were fatalities, and then, it’s not the professionals involved (pilots, controllers and their unions) that would be the judge. Professionals are heard thru their technical investigation, but then justice goes on. It’s the same with doctors, hospitals, engineers, attorneys, drivers and all professionals that have lives on their hands. Take the doctors as example, when there is a medical malpractice doctors are heard but are not them and their classes associations that will judge, and it is not their associations that will ask justice to stop the process until they have their findings. I’m not here to convince anyone. I’m here to tell you what Brazilians think, how our justice system is. I think that a lot of people here are willing to hear us, as I am willing to hear you.