PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA - No Backbone
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2007, 14:43
acbus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elucidation?
Steal taxpayers money.
Unfair prices charged for the services given. Anyone think the CAA charges are outrageous? Universal agreement against the CAA there, I think.
use it to build high quality office accomodation and car parking.
Anyone been to CAA Gatwick? I thought I'd stumbled across one of the plusher airport hotels! Staff buses, on site parking, a restaurant on a par with aformentioned hotels, massive choice, subsidised prices. "Everyone out" if the aicon doesn't control the temperature to required limits (a neighbour gets extra holidays for exactly that reason).
give the staff 100% secure jobs.
Public Sector. 100% secure jobs. Remember? Come on! Wake up at the back!
lots of cushy benefits
On site parking (free), staff buses, fabulous restaurant, hotel standard offices, aircon.....jees! you tell us!
and early retirement on fabulous pensions.
The great UK divide. Private sector workers pay for their pensions. Trouble is, they don't often see them when its pay out time. Final salary pensions are dying in the Private Sector. Inflation proofing is virtually non existant. Many pensions are rendered worthless before retirement as schemes close. Retirement at 65, severe penalties for early retirement (assuming its granted). Retirement at 68 due to be enforced. Public sector? Final Salary, early retirement, normal retirement at 60 maximum (much less for many sectors), full inflation proofing, cast iron security.
Remove any other incentives to do a proper job
As if 100% secure jobs isn't enough. Given that protection, who needs to perform? The salary wil keep coming in, because you ain't going to be sacked or made redundant! Just sit back and wait for the pension. Why bother working too hard?
to complete the process of setting up an organisation which achieves very little, very slowly at enourmous cost.
Which also completes my elucidation, as requested.
This is acbus1, Daily Express, home computer, elucidating on the bl**din obvious.