PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ajv contract in tokyo
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2007, 13:25
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mind a stern tongue-lashing for failure to perform something in the sim that I should be able to do. I'm my own worst critic sometimes and I absolutely DETEST when I miss something (like missing a step in the FMS programming) then totally pooch-screw the approach because of it, and would expect to be chastised for it. I've worked at 2 carriers now where there was no "warm fuzzy" from the instructor - you either cut it or you got chewed out.

I will not, however, put up with someone touching me. You hit or smack me and I'm going to beat the holy hell out of you. Period. Kicking my chair is about as bad as it's ever gotten in the sim and I turned around and calmly told him we'd be stepping outside if he didn't learn how to be a professional.

There's limits to acceptable behavior. Heck, you can even raise your voice or yell at me (without resorting to insults or profanity), and I'll take it because I screwed up. However, physical violence in ANY form is simply unacceptable in the professional aviation world, and I'd like to know if that's the kind of behavior I could expect from their training department (although I somewhat doubt it).

You can go throw a tantrum with someone else...