PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2007, 09:50
END BAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Midlands 6

Hi avrodamo
you sir, have hit the nail right right on the head with your comments about the layout and planning at E.M.A.The place is a complete dump, a ""mickey mouse " airport in every way and i have watched it get worse over the last couple of years ,but hey we have won "Best U.K reginal airport again!!!!! HOW THE HELL DO THESE THINGS GET JUDGJED?? Is it the new design at immigration and arrivals which mean that the queue of passengers often stretch back to the bus drop off point when more than two planes arrive together.these poor souls have just returned from somewhere sunny and now have to queue outside in the rain,snow biting wind,etc. because there are only two immigration guys at work!!!Could it be the complete lack of appeal to long haul,top airlinesetc due to thier stubbourness to even consider AIR BRIDGES ,something that was suggested 20 years ago. Or what about the constant urge for little ""add on bits"" instead of demolishing the old scruffy and building something new?Sorry i forgot the new pier ,OHthe one that is unused from 07-30 until 20-30.And finally RYANAIR.Lets close the Flying Club and demolish the building to make an access road to the D.H.L. ramp to cover the Ryanair expansion,errrr, wake up and smell the the roses there aint no Ryanair expansion.5 PLANES NOW STILL 5 PLANES NEXT APRIL!!!!The airport sold its soul to Ryanair and now theyve kicked them up the arse with no extra based planes.
Rant over i,m going for a lie down now
goodnight