PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSO learn to fly?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 21:21
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comment from danieloakworth about lack of command opportunities for Navs in 2 seat sqns. When the merry go round halts in the GR4 force (i.e. the new commanders take post) there will be 4 navs in command from 6 available at Marham and 3 from 6 at Lossimouth.

Not sure I can agree with Blacksheeps source. Waddo has a nav CO and a nav OC V Sqn and OC 8 is currently a pilot. I believe, but stand to be corrected, OC 23 is currently a nav. Not sure on 51 Sqn. Don't be fooled by those photgraphed wearing the "new" brevet - political correctness (or brown nosing) drives some people to feel the need to give up their old branch brevets for the new bollox badge rather than retain their reserved rights to wear the badge they were awarded (as I believe will be the case when Charles/Wills takes the helm - we won't have to change flying badges to reflect a Kings crown. I stand to be corrected by those who were awarded their wings by George!).

Granted there aren't many multi starred (currently serving) navigators (before samuraimatt reappears with his Bob Monkhouse Guide to Banter) - I can only think of 1 x 3* and 1 x 2* - the Air Force List is now available on line but I can't find the link at the mo.