PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL - 2
Thread: LIVERPOOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 18:01
Ceannairceach
Disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So exloadie, these things go missing from bags at every other airport, but never at Liverpool, is that what you're saying? Despite the fact that Liverpool is the only common departure/arrival point in the admittedly limited cases I am aware of?

Anyway, I've re-read my post and it seems rather bile-laden and mudflinging, partially unintentionally. Part of it came from days worth of standing in a long, cramped security queue whilst there was a completely empty and well staffed lane just next to me...

Bitter? Me?

I would be interested - as a counter to some of the positives and good points raised here regarding the express lane - to see the actual figures of how many people are actually using the lane, and therefore just how much of those supposed security costs (which, again, I would love to see the actual figure in impartial black and white) the airport company are recouping. Especially when it's offset against the costs the airport have paid out to install those fancy barriers, the numerous ticket machines, employ the extra member of staff standing at them, and to do the necessary structural work to segregate the two queues. Oh and to continually dig up the bus stops for whatever reason.

Rather than just be told it's too recoup some of the charges, I'd rather not blindly follow what Peel Holdings et al say, and be provided with firm figures.

I actually agree totally with Eurboy's "When you're paying FR, W6 and EZ prices, what do you expect at the airport, beyond the minimum safety requirements?". I guess that's absolutely spot on and cheers for putting it in those simple terms!

A no frills airport for no frills airlines