PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - The initial outlay
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 15:31
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate the time people are taking to message me and answer my question.

Stansdead, although I agree with you in theory, I notice that Virgin and BA aren't taking 200 hour wanabees on, and throwing benefits at them. BA take Oxford bods, but have you looked at the cadet salary scales? It's worse than Ryanair in some cases!

People also say instructing is better - I don't see pension, salary, loss of license insurance, (insert benefit) provided there either, yet thats a better option?

I've personally taken a long hard look at Ryanair. Where else can you get a job fresh out of school flying a jet doing 900 hours a year on an interesting and varied route network. Sure the pay isn't great, but it's going to be better than sitting on arse moaning on Pprune. And after all, I can go to BA when I have my 500 hours anyway, which will be roughly 6 months of flying at RYR. Unless (heaven forbid) I actually enjoy working for RYR? Who'd have thought it, I am getting a nice sprinkling of PM's from people who are actually pretty happy.

Horgy