PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living On A Boat In Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 14:23
badairsucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a supply and demand issue going on here that has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay distorted the value of a plywood box that won't last 5 minutes in open water.
Well this is Hong Kong, there will aways be supply and demand, take the golf carts in DB...you gotta be out of your mind to pay 700K for a golf cart.
As for a plywood box that won't last 5 minutes in open water!!! What has this got to do with the price of boats. These junks are built and marketed as HOMES not ocean going vessels. By the way, they are usually built of fiberglass or teak.

Bottom line is at the moment boats are selling very well indeed.

Gotta get that guys name, no. etc incase I am ever selling something, obviously could sell sand to the Arabs

Ask the guys who sell the golf carts in DB, I am sure they could sell sand to the arabs as well.

All said it was a great way of life which we certainly miss now but we made a killing when we sold the boat so had to take the money and run.

Supply and demand boys.

stillalbatross...... And goody good good for your mates who are making money on junks
I will pass on your kind words.

stillalbatross...I've been offered 12-14 yr old boats for free

Well that's it then, the market is finished, stillalbatross as been offered a boat for free.