PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA pilots on the verge of a mass exodus?
Old 16th Oct 2007, 10:57
DuckingFast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My best day at SAA

Since having resigned from SAA and leaving in two weeks, my life has been chaotic. The stress on my family has been huge. Having second thoughts, I kept telling myself that, “the right decision isn’t always the easiest one”

Last week I attended a road show by our CEO and upper management. I was a little concerned that maybe there was a really positive announcement and it would just be my bad luck that I have now resigned. I tried to be as objective as possible, tried to avoid chatting to the doomsayers, tried my best to be an outsider looking in. I wanted to forget about the detail and just try and concentrate on the overall impression – Do my leaders inspire me? Do I have long term confidence in management? What is the vision for SAA?

As I sat there, listening to my colleagues fighting for their survival, I can’t describe to you the inner peace that swept over me. I won’t be a part of this anymore. As I drove home, a more relaxed man, I realized that this time, the right decision is also the easiest one.