PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex and the Media Release
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 00:01
Skystar320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skystar320
"Accountants are the power in the engine, the pilots drive the plane, and everyone else makes it run smoother."
Ummmm ok
This whole shortage thing could have been lessened by management/accountants not being as short sighted as they have been.
eg. Sunstate pilots crewing Q400s out of Canberra. They save 7% by not going with Eastern but they park Q400s on bay 15/16 sometimes cause they are out of crew. They were one of the first to really feel the crewing pinch because management wanted to be nasty. Sydney to CBR is a lot easier than BNE to CBR for a move. But hey they saved 7% on about 15 peoples wages.
The "power in the engine" and their ilk have had blinkers on for a long time.
"and go get a real job "
Thanks champ I do.
and sorry for the late reply...something about being busy with a real job
Ahhh drshmoo you have it all wrong yet again.....
Maybe the comment of 'and go get a real job' was a tad out of line and that i do apologise but its the same in every industry that we go into when a company fails everyone tries to blame the accountants for cutting corners when over 99% of the time is the flippin management who have made bad calls.
I dont know how you can bare to take cheap handed hand swipes at accountants it should be the management that you should be bending over
Accountants only really identiy cost savings to the company and from Memory Sunstate / Eastern are two different companies i.e two managements and two lots of accountants. They cannot impliment these by themselves its up to the managment
Now enough of trying to sh*t the blame on accountants who work in the industry and put alot of time in (I know, as I Worked for a big company (no guess to whom ) and on several occasions we were putting in over 10 - 14hrs a day only to repeat is 5days a week.
Now I'd love to fly and its a shame MANAGEMENT are bloating their balls to themselves and not paying pilots enough, but I enjoy what I do for a living and enjoy when the bast*rds are behind bars
I can identity that accountants are the power in the engines, pilots are the capable ones of flying us around where as management couldnt **** up a tree if they tried and all they do is fluff the pillows to make it look pretty in this case

Have a great day