PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas takes on Tiger by flying Jetstar to Singapore
Old 15th Oct 2007, 14:12
VeeoneCUT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The QF to JQ Asia to JQ Aus is all part of the transition plan for transferring flights to a lower costbase company.

Case in Point
Last October the CNS DRW SIN was operated on a QF tail B767, by Feb this year it was operated by Jetstar Asia on an all QF flight number, and comp meals and drinks onboard no less. For all intents and purposes this was a QF flight. If you looked to book this flight on Jetstar you wouldn't find it in the reservation system. Feb 2008 JQ Australia will take over this route from JetstarAsia QF - the transition complete. Expensive QF crew and operation replaced with crazy clarke's, and nobody really noticed. As far as the news releases you'd think they were doing something new.

I paid full fare (rare event) on this flight after hitting SIN from HEL (Helsinki) it was a hideous flight to connect to, 4.5 hrs SIN/DRW the 1 hr ground time then another 2 hrs bolt upright middle seat in the middle. Being herded off in DRW to have my duty free booze confiscated! which was bought on the Finnair (oneworld) flight into SIN, i'd never even left the departure lounge getting off the "secure" aircraft in DRW pax are screened into the departure lounge - figure that out. Nearly all the Europeans had something confiscated - Welcome to Australia.