PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First S-76 C++ in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2007, 12:43
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very interesting that a C++ will make its way onto the VH register before a C+ ever did (or should say didn't). Crewing shouldn't be a problem, there are C+ drivers around and the transition from a C+ to a C++ wouldn't be as much as going from an A to a C, or a C to a C+. A C+ driver could almost jump in a ++, fly a few traffic patterns and you're right to go. No doubt the wheels go up and down the same, and the airframe improvements are inconsequential at the driver level. Obviously you'd want to look more closely at the C+/++ engine control differences. I'm guessing they've done away with the single channel/DDR on the C+ and gone for a proper dual channel FADEC on the ++. Not having seen a ++ yet or otherwise read much about it I can't be sure, just an educated guess.

I'd be interested in how the C++ performance numbers measure up against say, a B412EP at 40degC. From memory the C+ starts to die a bit around the 32degC mark. If the C++ can make some good Cat-A numbers hotter than that then it should be a good performer.

Let's hope they don't have to rip out the aircon to make the numbers.