PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Sacked from MyTravel
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2007, 11:32
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seldomfitforpurpose
Moggie,
Now I am giggling as I think you actualy believe what you have just posted
If you'd care to explain which bits of my comments you find so amusing, maybe we can discuss then like adults.

Access to flightdeck laws do NOT apply to private jets, nor do they apply to all AOC flights (e.g. a Kingair charter for example). Therefore, Mr Abramovich does NOT have to have a "no access" policy on his private 767.

The Captain has the legal authority to bar anyone from entering his flightdeck - whether he has the will to withstand management pressure from the owner-passenger or manager-passenger is another story. I know a BA Concorde captain who barred Bob Ayling from the flight deck when Ayling was "running" BA. Ayling wanted to get back to the UK and all the seats in the cabin were taken and he wanted to use the jumpseat to get home. The captain refused, saying that having the airline's chief exec on the flightdeck was prejudicial to flight safety as it may have been a distraction for the crew.

Ops manuals may impose more stringent rules than those laid down by DfT and as those manuals are approved by the CAA as part of the process of gaining an AOC then they become legally binding. Therefore, if the MYT Ops Manual says no access then that is binding - full stop, no discussion required.