PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTO Uniforms
Thread: FTO Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2007, 09:01
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think about the amount of people in aviation who have an attitude problem. They have never done military service or experienced working within a discipline / rank role environment - is the time for them to learn when they get to the airlines or is it best to remove the ruts during training?
AHMC...

Are you actually working for an airline? Sorry mate, but the above is just plain wrong IMHO. In my sordid past I spent several years working for a large national flag carrier, and can honestly say that it was often the OPPOSITE of what you are stating - in other words I met more than one or two ex RAF guys who had more attitude than your average civvy street pilot exactly BECAUSE of the behavioural "rank and file" conditioning that the forces had given them (not going to get into a p*ssing match on that one, because I also met some great ex RAF guys)

I agree that professionalism and recognition/respect (note I don't use the word DISCIPLINE - its 2007 and CRM does rule) for authority gradient are important in the modern pilot, but these things should come naturally - if you need to wear a uniform and be spoon fed in your FTO to understand this, then you really shouldn't be a professional pilot in the first place!