PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beijing PanAm - disrespect and humiliation of instructors
Old 15th Oct 2007, 06:41
EX-FED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to Hudson Hawk

Hudson you wrote:

We get the license validation from the actual CAAC. You make it sound like they are hand-drawn with a bunch of crayons by Ted Wong in the local basement. I think the CAAC is within its rights to bend their OWN regulations and allow us to fly on the validations. After all, it was their idea to train all Chinese airline pilots in China as to feed that Chinese "pride factor" (that we all are fed-up with). I'm sure they realize that is the idiocracy with the CAAC exams continues there will be no one to teach the students and hence no one (Chinese-looking/speaking) to work for the Airlines. Needless to mention that most of airlines in China are government property and if they start hiring only ex-pats, the "pride factor" will get damaged so will the revenues if they don't hire anyone.

My comments:

Actually, I wasn't trying to make it sound like TW was writing the validations. But, you don't BEND rules and regulations; you re-write them, if necessary, to adapt to the circumstances. I'm talking FAA here, but any rule change had to go through a NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making) that everyone would comment on, receive congressional approval, and then implemented into the FAR's. Now, we all know that is NOT the case in China, but there HAS to be some sort of authorization from Headquarters. I assume that there is, since you stated the validations come from CAAC. Your post brings out some very good points.

If you start "bending rules" to meet deadlines, save money, and "save face", you start jeopardizing safety. Do you concur with that statement?

Howard

P.S. What does a "glass half full" feel like? (smile) Thanks for a professional debate here.

Last edited by EX-FED; 15th Oct 2007 at 09:18.