PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage message spreads
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2007, 13:33
Ejector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that Journalist read this site, I feel that they must see the difference between Rex saying that the industry need some 1400 ATPL holders and some 400 a year are issued. Note, that a new pilot is not an ATPL holder, mistake number one Rex. Also, there are so many folks that are Australian Citizens that hold current ATPL’s that it would be a financial step backwards to fly for Rex with the cost of living in Rex bases like Sydney and Melbourne and also dealing with the Rex roster. On the other hand, the Rex roster would suite so many very Experienced Aust ATPL holders, but Rex wont even match there “little plane wage”. The sheer number of Australian Pilots going abroad due to companies like Rex complaining of no crews, but not even offering an interview or making conditions even 30% as attractive is just so surprising to me. What I think this is all leading to, is not bringing up to the standard and level of supply and demand, but making a case for foreign visa’s. This is what this is all about. Me, I have traveled Rex 9 times in 2007, I no longer book with them due to a fear of the flight being CXL.

How does training your own shinny 150hrs co-pilots beat simple respect ?