PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA pilots on the verge of a mass exodus?
Old 14th Oct 2007, 09:41
thincatblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately for Pilotd - he is exactly the type that SAA or SA on the whole is looking for. He is the product of the outcome based education where the common denominator has been lowered to suit the need of "we -da people" It is happening all over SA. The question is: how long before business SA and the economy on the whole (that has been extremely strong up to now)takes the same route that is in store for SAA?

My prediction for SAA-
1.exodus of the white pilots (how many still remains to be seen)- this will be used ad infinitum by management to cover up any shortcoming or fup's in the future
2. Planes on the ground with goverment stepping in with take-over money and getting direct entries from elsewhere ( hey-air zimbabwe is still flying and I am sure some of their "cadres" will be keen on joining their families in SA)
3. Selling off all international routs- (you must realise that it is here where SAA actually faces compition - so move on to Africa where there is no real competition as yet??)
4. SAA becomes the national and regional carrier with the "right" quotas of staff (must get representation of the countries demographics you know!) and awarding itself all the "best airline in/to africa" awards!

I am more that just a little negative at the moment, but feel we must face facts? Where is that damn parachute!