PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA pilots on the verge of a mass exodus?
Old 14th Oct 2007, 09:19
CJ750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Pilot D

What are you smoking. Things have been done in the past that we are paying for now and it seems the powers that be want us whities to pay for their c.....kups they are making now. This is africa and the sooner you realise what is going on and which way this country is heading then better. Have you travelled much north of our borders at all. If you flew in the GA sector you would see a lot more than you see in the protected airline environment. I would like to know where you applied to in the charter sector or even contract sector as there are a number of jobs going if you have the required experience. As for business aviation i have not heard of any applications by PDI's as i have been told it is a more lucrative job to fly for an airline than a corporation. Correct me if i am wrong but there is also a theory that an airline job for a PDI is guaranteed to be a quicker path to the ALMIGHTY position of Captain (THE BIG LEFT SEAT) due to the acceleration of PDI. Don't come with the race thing either as PDI refers to white females and Indian male and females. I am open to correction if i have my facts wrong but after almost 21years in general aviation this is what i have seen. I have not met many PDI's that have enjoyed and stayed in the varioys forms of GA but all headed off to the more lucrative airline jobs so they could get the 4 stripes on their pyjamas and wear their uniforms on a nationally televised hypnotist/magician show. What happened at SAA was not right either to the PDI's but remember it also happened to the white males at the time . People got bumped off short lists for pilots family members amongst other things. It is not right what is happening now but something is very wrong at SAA at the moment. Good luck to everyone who leaves and especially those who stay.